CONFERENCE POSTPONED – NEW DATE WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON
Improve your SG and network with peers amid the colonial history of Boston.
Stroll down the red-brick Freedom Trail to see famous sites like the Boston Common, the country’s first public school, Paul Revere’s house, and Bunker Hill Monument. Along the way, stop at Quincy Market to browse for souvenirs or sample some of the city’s best cuisine, from steamed lobster and fresh oysters to cream puffs and foreign fare. Spend a few hours wandering through the Museum of Fine Arts, Museum of Science, or the New England Aquarium. In the evening, catch a Sox game at Fenway, attend a performance of the Boston Pops, or head to Harvard Square to enjoy great pub food and have a pint with local students.
Any SG leader from any school, no matter what state you’re from, is welcome to attend!
The 2020 Boston Student Government Training Conference features:
- Twenty intensive workshops and roundtables designed to address the specific needs of your Student Government
- Workshops for all levels of Student Governments: very evolved and strong SGs, new SGs just starting out, and SGs trying to improve
- Experienced and knowledgeable speakers, all of whom are former SG leaders/advisors themselves
- Workshops and presentations that directly apply to SG advisors and administrators
- Private consulting by appointment
- Extra built-in time to network and brainstorm with other SG leaders and advisors attending the conference
- Plenty of free-time to experience all that “Beantown” has to offer
- Personal attention from ASGA’s passionate and personable presenters who have devoted their lives to serving and supporting collegiate Student Governments
What is the date?
The conference will be held on Saturday, September 5, 2020.
What is the conference location?
The conference is being held at Emerson College, in the Semel Theater, 3rd Floor, 10 Boylston Place, Boston, MA 02116 (See interactive map/virtual tour). Although Emerson does not have parking facilities on campus, there are a number of nearby garages (See Directions/Parking).
Text ASGA at conference ONLY: 352-258-4604
What is the cost?
As low as $189 per person for ASGA members ($100 off!) and $289 for non-members (Register by July 3, 2020 for these Super Early Bird rates). The earlier you Register, the lower the cost! Register six or more and save.
Download the Money Saving Tips flier
What will be the total attendance?
The Boston Student Government Training Conference is one of the largest Student Government conferences in America each year. Last year, more than 200 student leaders and advisors from 30 institutions in 15 states attended.
What’s included in the registration fee?
- Admission to all workshops, roundtables, and presentations
- Extensive hand-outs
- Free lunch: A boxed lunch on Saturday (choice of sandwich, chips, fruit, cookie, drink)
- Free continental breakfast: A light continental breakfast on Saturday (coffee/tea, juice, and a selection of bagels, muffins, and fruit)
- Free afternoon snacks: cookies and drinks
- Free private consulting on Sunday morning (one-hour blocks valued at $499 are very limited, so sign up early on the conference registration form)
- An “ASGA Conferences Rock!” T-shirt for each delegate from Clothowear.com (valued at $15 each)
- Boston Student Government Training Conference folder, ASGA notepad, ASGA pen
- A 10% discount on ASGA membership for non-members who join within 10 days of the conference
- Discounts on ASGA Store items (leadership books, DVDs, CDs, and more) purchased at the conference
- 35% discount on on-campus SG consultations booked at the conference
- Excellent personal service and attention from the ASGA team